Sponsored By: Prince George's Women United To Help Others Another Livable Communities Initiative
Prince George’s County First Lady Leslie E. Johnson to host “Coping In Extraordinary Times Conference.” The conference is designed to provide women and men with mechanisms and resources for coping with the special issues confronting them during these unusual and challenging times in our county and nation.
The conference will include workshop in the following areas:
1. Managing Your Finances – Developing and Managing A Budget
2. Improving Your Physical Health – High Blood Pressure, diabetes, cholesterol, obesity, exercise, and nutrition
3. Emotional and Mental Health – Stress and Depression Are Real. How to Cope In Difficult times
4. Parenting Issues - Strengthen your parenting skills, family communication, and support groups/resources for families
5. Preparing To Work – Earning An Income
6. Recreation and Having Personal and Family Fun – Finding time and opportunities to have fun in Prince George’s County
Resource Vendors from the Prince George’s County Departments of Health & Humans Services, Family Services, Social Services and the County Police will be on-site the day of the event to facilitate workshops, assist with questions and provide resource materials.
Prince George’s Women United To Help Others (PGWUTHO) was the vision of First Lady Leslie E. Johnson. and is another Livable Communities Initiative of Prince George’s County Executive Jack Johnson.
To learn more about Prince George’s Women United to Help Others log on to http://www.princegeorgescountymd.gov (click the Prince George’s WUTHO logo) located in the upper left corner of the county’s homepage.
Please call (301) 301-883- 4707 to RSVP for the Coping In Extraordinary Times Conference. This is a free and public event.
Saturday, June 13, 2009
Registration: 7:30 a.m.
8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Dr. Ernest Everett Just Middle School
1300 Campus Way North
Mitchellville, MD 20721