February 9th, 2010

we can't teach what we don't know
  • uu_mom

Beware of carbon monoxide poisoning with gas heaters & cars

In the Washington Post today, Carbon monoxide taking a toll on snowbound without power tells of people who have died and were hospitalized due to gas heaters and trying to stay warm in a car. "Not only is it colorless and odorless and tasteless, people don't understand it," said Prince George's County Fire Chief Eugene A. Jones. "People just don't understand the consequences of breathing in something that they can't see, taste or smell." Stay safe!

Also check out the latest Prince George's County blogger posts and news here.

Bookmark and Share

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

we can't teach what we don't know
  • uu_mom

HEALTH CARE FOR ALL HEALTH FAIR Feb. 20 in Ft. Washington

Top Ladies of Distinction, Top Teens of America Prince George's Chapter & the YMCA sponsor

HEALTH CARE FOR ALL HEALTH FAIR

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 20, 2010
10:30 AM to 3:00 PM
@
YMCA POTOMAC OVERLOOK
10709 Indian Head Highway, Fort Washington, MD

Get Free HealthCare!

FREE HEALTH SCREENINGS
HIV/AIDS  Sickle Cell Cholesterol  Glucose 
 Blood Pressure  Pregnancy Test  Bone Marrow 

The Health Care for All! Coalition is working to win all
Marylanders access to quality affordable healthcare.
Representatives will be on-site to sign qualified
Maryland residents for affordable or FREE HEALTHCARE!

* YMCA On-Site
* Fitness Instructors
* Healthy Food Tasting
* Healthy Choice Presentation for Youth
* Scholastic Book Fair Distribution of Health Literature

PLEASE BRING NON-PERISHABLE FOOD ITEM TO DONATE TO THE FOOD PANTRY

Hi-Low Aerobics 11:00 – 11:30
Circuit Boot Camp 12:00 – 12:45